Many corporate wellness fairs offer onsite chair massage. In addition to relieving the musculoskeletal imbalances, Chair Massage and has proven to be beneficial in other common types of imbalances, three of which are hypertension (high blood pressure), and general tension, all problems that can affect effectiveness and productivity in a business environment.
Hypertension is often related to poor nutritional patterns, emotional stress, spiritual pain, or lack of exercise. Overeating, too much refined sugar, too much salt in the diet, excessive smoking, excessive alcohol consumption, poor emotional disposition, and kidney dysfunction can all contribute to hypertension. In addition to changing your eating patterns and developing a consistent exercise and movement program, visualization techniques can help balance your “chi” with a resulting reduction in blood pressure. I use a gentle Gravity Rock on the stomach area to balance the kidneys. These will help soothe and relax the nervous system and revitalize the vital organs.
Much hypertension is a result of inter-office stress and emotional trauma
Indicators of Emotional Trauma:
- Furrowed eye brows and/or lines on the forehead.
- Grinding of teeth (bruxism).
- Tight shoulders.
- Squinting eyes.
Causes of stress tension:
- Poor posture. Incorrect body alignment places undue stress on all parts of the body.
- Stressful occupation. Tension at the work place can accumulate and lead to physical illness.
- Nutritional deficiencies.
- No outlet for emotional expression.
- Poor movement and exercise patterns.
- Poor sleeping habits. The cause can be too many pillows, an improper mattress, street noises, ingestion of a heavy meal or snacks at bedtime, and not enough fresh air. Lack of certain vitamins, especially B6, may prevent the achievement of certain brain rhythms so that the deep sleep period is not entered.
Techniques to Relieve Emotional Trauma:
- Apply Pressure Point Massage to the back of the head using the flat area of the thumbs. Begin at the back of the head where it meets the neck (occipital region). Gently press this area from left to right, then from right to left. Apply pressure to the entire surface at least three times before moving to the next area.
- Knead the ears. Place the ear lobe between the thumb and the index finger and with a rubbing motion, softly squeeze. Repeat several times on each ear.
- Gravity Rock the stomach. Your partner should lie flat on his back. Place your right hand on the lower abdomen and your left hand gently on the abdomen. Rock the stomach with a gentle back and forth motion.
- Apply Pressure Point Massage to the feet.
- Gravity Rock the back
- Complete the energy release by using any of the visualization technique described below. Ask your client to lay flat on their back have them close their eyes slowly take a deep, slow breath. Inhale, hold, and release, and repeat this three times.
The National Corporate Chair Massage Company – www.eventschairmassage.com – is the best backrub company in NYC. Schedule chair massage for your entire team or book individual sessions
The National Massage Company www.eventschairmassage .com – was the official Onsite Chair Massage Provider for the Learning Annex Real Estate Wealth Expos” between 2005 – 2009. At these events we gave chair massage sessions to thousands of attendees in nine cities who came to hear Tony Robbins, George Foreman, Robert Kyosaki (Rich Dad, Poor Dad), Barbara Corcoran (NBS’s “Shark Tank” and other speakers.”
Lewis Harrison, LMT – Director
What our clients say about us.
“They are amazing…. I recommend them to anyone who wants less stress and more energy.”
Jack Canfield Co-author, Chicken Soup for the Soul
If you enjoyed this blog I recommend this wonderful massage book and success card deck.
Order it by clicking below.
Lewis Harrison – RealUGuru, is a master lifehacker, writer, mentor, success and wealth coach, content-rich, motivational speaker, and an entrepreneur specializing in problem solving and strategizing based on game thinking, applied game theory and Game Thinking.
He is the author of over twenty-two books published in five languages.
Don’t forget to tune to the RealUGuru Radio show every Thursday 4-6 PM EST at WIOX 91.3 FM or on your smart device at WIOXRadio.org.
WIOX is a diverse station that broadcasts original programming including presentation from NPR, the BBC, Democracy Now etc.
If you are interested in business success in life coaching, stress management or corporate chair massage you need to read Lewis’ recently published business books.
You can find books on game theory and business success here:
Learn more about all of our stress management offerings at www.RealUGuru.com. Here we focus on the application of applied game thinking, gamification, decision science, positive psychology, happiness, and visionary thinking to solve basic, complex and extreme problems. He is the creator of a free course on business success and human potential.
Here is a short interview with Lewis;
Today’s stress management blog is presented by a grant from Events Chair Massage –www.EventschairMasssage.com – a company that offers Corporate Chair Massage and Stress Management Services to meeting planner, event planners, party planners and HR for Trade show booths throughout the United States.
Below is a chair massage demo that shows techniques our corporate chair massage therapists use to massage their clients’ upper back, shoulders, and neck — using elbows and forearms, with minimal use of the thumbs.