When our chair massage team works at Javits Center meetings and conventions or through human resource department events many of our corporate clients through www.eventschairmassage.com have expressed an interest dealing with shoulder pain.
Signs of imbalance in the shoulders:
- Discomfort in the hip joint.
- One shoulder higher than the other.
- Chest pushed out or forward
- Hunched over or rounded shoulders.
Causes of imbalance in the shoulders:
- Prolonged tension in the upper back
- Emotional stress or high-pressure work. Chronic self doubt and confusion are indicated by shoulder tension, which is caused often by hunched, raised shoulders.
- Occupations such as typing, modeling, and certain types of assembly-line work that require the shoulders to be held in one position for extended periods of time
- Constantly carrying a heavy bag or pocket book on one shoulder. This is especially common among dancers and women.
- Poor posture.
- A trauma or shock to the neck, such as whiplash or other injuries.
- Trauma and accidents that cause a violent contraction of shoulder muscles.
- Poor working environment and inappropriate furniture in the work environment. This may include worktables and desks that are too high. This will cause you to raise your shoulders, bringing tightness and pain. To determine proper table height, bend your elbows when you are in a sitting position. The table should be even with your elbows.
- Shallow breathing. Shoulder tension will be released more easily as you learn to breathe from your diaphragm.
- Obesity. This causes postural shifts as the body attempted to compensate for the added weight.
Techniques to release “Chi” and emotional factors and holding patterns reflected in the shoulders and upper back and to assist breathing and digestion:
- To relax the muscles and prepare them for bodywork have your partner take three long deep breathes diaphragmatically
- Use the Circular Rhythmic Pressure Technique around the medial (inside) border of both shoulder blades.
- Apply a small amount of penetrating oil (Olbas Brand, Tiger Balm Brand or peppermint) directly on the shoulder area and rub gently into skin. Place a moist, warm compress on the area for about twenty minutes; do not make it too hot.
- Perform the Gravity Rock technique on the shoulders and upper back while you are lying on your stomach.
To improve circulation, stretch and tone the muscles near the shoulders:
- Use Muscle Kneading on shoulders.
- Apply Polarity Similar Contacts on the shoulder blades and buttocks.
Lewis Harrison – RealUGuru, is a speaker, corporate consultant, writer, mentor, success and wealth coach, content-rich, motivational speaker, and an entrepreneur specializing in problem solving and strategizing based on game thinking, applied game theory and Game Thinking.
He is the author of over twenty-two books published in five languages.
Don’t forget to tune to the RealUGuru Radio show every Thursday 4-6 PM EST at WIOX 91.3 FM or on your smart device at WIOXRadio.org.
WIOX is a diverse station that broadcasts original programming including presentation from NPR, the BBC, Democracy Now etc.
If you are interested in business success in life coaching, stress management or corporate chair massage you need to read Lewis’ recently published business books.
Today’s stress management blog is presented by a grant from Events Chair Massage –www.EventschairMasssage.com – a company that offers Corporate Chair Massage and Stress Management Services to meeting planner, event planners, party planners and HR for Trade show booths throughout the United States.
Chair Massage can help increase productivity for any business. Here is a great video on how to do Chair Massage.
Lewis Life Coaching course and all the offerings on chair massage at www.eventschairmassage.com focus on the application of applied game thinking, gamification, decision science, positive psychology, happiness, and visionary thinking to solve basic, complex and extreme problems. He is the creator of a free course on stress management and human potential.
Here is a short interview with Lewis;
The Royal Victorian Catskills B & B in Stamford NY offer weeken an weeklong personal healing, and spiritual retreats
To learn more call 212-724-8782