Back Problems in the office can really reduce productivity. Our NY Chair Massage company – www.eventschairmassage.com – has the solution.
Strengthen and stretch the upper and middle back with the following techniques:
- Relieve upper or lower back pain by alternating ice massage with firm Circular Rhythmic Pressure. Place one or two ice cubes in a thick terry cloth towel or wool flannel cloth or an ice bag and place directly on skin and place directly on the skin for fifteen to thirty seconds. Then apply Circular Rhythmic Pressure on the area. Do not use ice over the kidneys or do bodywork too deeply in this area.
- Relieve lower back pain using the Increasing Joint Motion Technique, rotating the entire leg from the hip. Do this while standing and supporting yourself against a table or the back of a chair.
- Use the Increasing Joint Motion Technique for your shoulders. Stretch your arms out at the sides at shoulder height. Make small circles and gradually increase their size. Do six clockwise and six counterclockwise. Or, lift your right shoulder toward your head and rotate it six times clockwise and six times counterclockwise. Now repeat with the left shoulder.
- The Trapezius muscle raises and lowers the shoulder and pulls the head backward. To release a tight trapezius place your right hand over your right shoulder and across your back and place your left hand under your left shoulder. Now try to “hold hands.” Hold for the count of twelve. The first time you try this you may only be able to touch the tips of your index fingers. Eventually, you should be able to clasp one hand in the other.
- Relieve upper back pain by increasing joint motion on the head and neck, shoulders and arms.
A SPECIAL NOTE ON BACK PROBLEMS
- Take care of your back. Carefully reach and bend to pick up heavy objects.
- Watch your posture when you are sitting, making sure your back and spine are supported. Be aware of your posture, whether you are standing or sitting.
- Use Epsom salt baths, cool to lukewarm packs, or grated fresh ginger compresses on the area of discomfort.
- Rest but not excessively. This can cause atrophy of the muscles in the abdomen and lower back. Excessive rest can also lead to osteoporosis and further muscle spasms.
- Use alternating hot and cold spray showers daily on areas of tension and pain.
Note: Occasionally the imbalance in the back may be so great that a back brace or orthopedic corset may be required to give adequate support to the lower thoracic and lumbar spine as well as to the abdominal muscles. This should be determined by a health professional trained in making such evaluations.
Our group the, the #1 NYC Massage Company
( www.eventschairmassage.com ) uses aromatherapy to deal with emotional stress on the job.
The New York Chair Massage Company was the official Onsite Chair Massage Provider for the Learning Annex Real Estate Wealth Expos” between 2005 – 2009. At these events, we gave chair massage sessions to thousands of attendees in nine cities who came to hear Tony Robbins, George Foreman, Robert Kyosaki (Rich Dad, Poor Dad), Barbara Corcoran (NBC’s “Shark Tank” and other speakers.”
Lewis Harrison, LMT – Director
What our clients say about us.
“They are amazing…. I recommend them to anyone who wants less stress and more energy.”
Jack Canfield Co-author, Chicken Soup for the Soul
If you enjoyed this blog I recommend this wonderful massage book and success card deck.
Order it by clicking below.
Lewis Harrison – RealUGuru, is a master lifehacker, writer, mentor, success and wealth coach, content-rich, motivational speaker, and an entrepreneur specializing in problem solving and strategizing based on game thinking, applied game theory and Game Thinking.
He is the author of over twenty-two books published in five languages.
Don’t forget to tune to the RealUGuru Radio show every Thursday 4-6 PM EST at WIOX 91.3 FM or on your smart device at WIOXRadio.org.
WIOX is a diverse station that broadcasts original programming including presentation from NPR, the BBC, Democracy Now etc.
If you are interested in business success in life coaching, stress management or corporate chair massage you need to read Lewis’ recently published business books.
You can find books on game theory and business success here:
This course and all the offerings on www.RealUGuru.com focus on the application of applied game thinking, gamification, decision science, positive psychology, happiness, and visionary thinking to solve basic, complex and extreme problems. He is the creator of a free course on business success and human potential.
Here is a short interview with Lewis;
Today’s stress management blog is presented by a grant from Events Chair Massage –www.EventschairMasssage.com – a company that offers Corporate Chair Massage and Stress Management Services to meeting planner, event planners, party planners and HR for Trade show booths throughout the United States.
Below is a chair massage demo that shows techniques our corporate chair massage therapists use to massage their clients’ upper back, shoulders, and neck — using elbows and forearms, with minimal use of the thumbs.